Free Training - Cascade Bootcamp
Next Training Scheduled
March 18-19, 2013 - OPEN
April 2013 TBD - OPEN
Training sessions will be held on the second Monday and Tuesday of every month from 10 am to 6 pm Eastern time with one hour for lunch; If one of these days is a holiday, it will be moved forward or backward depending on the holiday calendar and the trainer’s availability. The date for the training will be confirmed a month in advance.
- This is a 14-hour hands-on training, not a webinar
- Breaks will be given throughout the day and participants are asked not to come in and out of the training, out of respect for the other users, because each step builds on the previous one.
- Trainings will be remote
Training is strongly recommended for web developers and is not designed for end users. No previous knowledge of Cascade Server is required; however there are some recommended pre-requisites for participants:
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS--participants do not have to be able to write code from scratch but will need a basic understanding of what different HTML tags mean
- Participants will need to be logged into a computer that has audio/mic or able to dial in so that they may communicate with the trainer vocally when needed.
At most, 12 people will be accepted per training session. An organization may register up to 2 individuals per training.
- A rotating waitlist will be kept for individuals who do not make the cut-off.
- Trainings will be locked in the week prior to the training sessions or earlier if the 12 seats fill up. In the case of the training being filled up, planning for the following month's training will begin.
- Hannon Hill understands unforeseeable things come up, but if a user signs up for and does not attend two trainings in a row, the user will be blocked from signing up for 2 months. Users can cancel up to a week before the training begins without any penalty.
- All training sessions will be recorded and provided to all participants approximately 2 weeks after the training for future reference.
1. Can we modify the training for your organization?
No, in order to train multiple organizations at once, all of the basics need to be covered in each training. The participant can consider it a review if he/she already know some of what will be covered. Custom Trainings are still available as needed.
2. Can we send more than 2 people to the training?
No, Hannon Hill wants to train as many organizations as possible each month. Additional users can sign up for the following month.
3. Can we share a computer with others being trained?
Hannon Hill does not recommend this unless the other user is a business user that just wants to follow along with a technical user. Otherwise, Hannon Hill's belief is that people learn best by doing.
Topics for the two-day training include, but are not limited to:
- Cascade Server Technical Basics
- Creating Sites
- Configuration Sets & Content Types
- Metadata & Structured Data
- Introduction to XML & Formats
- Advanced Formats
- User Management
Any questions? Please contact us by filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.